Our customer, company exclusively focused on Java and the Java Virtual Machine, is looking for a Customer support engineer to join development team in St. Petersburg (with a possibility of a remote work).
- Provide first and second-level support for Zing JVM and Zulu JVM products
- Communicate with customers and coordinate with Engineering team
- Coordinate with Engineering team
Analyze and resolve technical issues, including:
- JVM behavior and tuning
- Garbage Collection
- application performance, latency and throughput
- application crashes
- application profiling
- operating system behavior and tuning
- memory utilization, network performance, information security
- application/server configuration and sizing, application topology
- Maintain internal wikis and external knowledge base.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information systems, Mathematics, or related subject
- Three years of experience in java development, support or consulting role.
- Strong written and spoken English.
- Willingness to be on call one week per month for 12 hours per day.
Experience with some or all of the following:
- Java Virtual Machines and Java programming
- Linux monitoring and tuning
- core dump and Java heap dump analyses
- C/C++ programming
- Web Servers and Java Application Servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic, etc.)
- TCP/IP networking.
- Experience with Windows and OS X.