Our client is a company that develops runtime platforms for executing Java-based applications. Founded in March 2002, Azul Systems is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, with offices in London, United Kingdom; Saint Petersburg and Novosibirsk and Bangalore, India.
Java and other emerging languages such as Ruby and Scala present unique optimization challenges. As part of the Compiler team, you will be designing and developing a new high-performance commercial-quality JIT compiler based upon LLVM that will tackle these new optimization challenges. The project will expand LLVM’s reach into a new area (Java Virtual Machines) as well as to push Java’s performance to levels never before reached by any other JIT compiler.
This is an opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career goals while working with a top-notch team.
- Strong C/C++ design and coding skills
- 2+ years experience developing LLVM-based compilers
- Strong background in Compiler Theory and Development
- An independent and innovative thinker who communicates well and delivers
- PhD in Computer Science, and/or significant research experience
- Solid experience in developing JVMs (Java Virtual Machines) and JIT compilers
- Thorough knowledge of X86_64 instruction set and optimizations