Our client is the industry’s only company exclusively focused on Java and the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), builds fully supported, standards-compliant runtimes that help enable Java-based businesses.
As a C/C++/Java Software Engineer (JVM, Open Source), your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- engineer and prepare scheduled product updates;
- follow up with the changes in OpenJDK and other relevant open source projects;
- design and implement new product features;
- maintain project source repositories, apply and adopt fixes from main OpenJDK repositories;
- provide technical expertise to field engineering and customer services.
- strong proficiency in C/C++;
- solid knowledge of Java;
- experience with shell scripting, make and installers is a plus;
- proficiency in debugging both managed and native code, locally and remotely;
- good understanding of Microsoft Windows and Linux internals (Mac OS X is a strong plus), ability to work in cross-platform environment;
- strong knowledge of key Operational Systems concepts (processes and threads, memory management, concurrency and synchronization etc.);
- understanding of basic Computer Science concepts (data structures and algorithms);
- familiarity with source control systems;
- ability to work with both local and remote teammates;
- ability to adapt to and work in fast-pacing environment;
- minimum BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent, plus 5 years of relevant work experience;
- at least intermediate level in English is a must.
- Work on an open-source project with high visibility and an impact on the industry;
- Modern, spacious and nice office in the center of Saint Petersburg (Petrogradsky district);
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
C, C++, Java